About Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 36
Local 36 encompasses the greater St. Louis metropolitan area, Eastern Missouri, and Columbia, Jefferson City and Springfield, Missouri. Local 36 is an affiliate of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association with membership in the AFL-CIO and the Canadian Labor Council.
Local 36’s elected officials assist members in obtaining employment and manage daily operations, including the important role of recruiting new members and organizing contractors. Additionally, our representatives cooperate closely with the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (J.A.T.C.) in providing education and promoting safety programs.
Local 36 Vision
Exceptional people working together to deliver exceptional value to our contractor partners and one another.
The foundation of our business is built on six cornerstones:
- Integrity – Base every professional relationship on trust, do the right thing when dealing with business issues and communicate open and honestly.
- Value – Deliver what is promised and strive to add value beyond what is expected.
- Flexibility – Connect contractors to an on-call workforce with the skills in place to deliver the highest performance on any sheet metal project.
- Respect – Treat everyone on the jobsite with dignity and welcome the ideas of all.
- Teamwork – Collaborate to share knowledge, solve problems and build a span network.
- Accountability for Results – Set expectations for every job we do and respond to any issues quickly and efficiently.
||Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 36 and SMACNA contractors are committed to providing customer satisfaction on every job through the highest quality, value, integrity, safety and craftsmanship.|